Hey guys, blogoween is over. I sadly didn’t make it too 13 post but I tried my best. Anyway I’m gonna kick off November with my October Wrap up. I didn’t read as many books as I wanted to in October but there is always November.
Those are the books that I read this month
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy- 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟
2. A Very Large Expanse of Sea- 4.5 🌟🌟🌟
3. This Mortal Coil- 3.5🌟🌟🌟
4. Everless- 3.8 🌟🌟🌟
5. Ace of Shades- 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
6. Far From the Tree- 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I’m thinking of posting a review for a few of these books, but i’ll see. I don’t really have a November tbr but I’m hoping I can get some reading done. Well that’s it for my post, sorry that I posted this so late.
Hey Guy’s I’m back! And it’s Halloween!!! Sadly I didn’t get to 13 post (for blogoween) but hey I tried my best anyway for today’s prompt I’m gonna list my top 5 non-horror but Halloween movies and shows.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
I love this movie so much. I’m always so confused if it’s a Christmas or a Halloween movie. But either way I think it’s a Halloween classic.
2. The chilling adventures of Sabrina
This is a new show that Netflix recently added for Halloween, I’m not done watching it but it’s pretty good so far.
3. Harry Potter and the philosophers stone
I had no idea some people considered this a Halloween movie but I’ll take any opportunity to watch Harry Potter.
4. Stranger Things
I love Stranger Things, I have to confessed I haven’t finished it but I still love it. Technically this isn’t Halloween related but I think it’s a really “eerie” show and fits in.
5. The Addams family
And for last I have to go with a classic “The Addams Family”.
Well those are my top 5 non-horror movies/shows. I hope everyone had a good Halloween.
Halloween is tomorrow. So I’m gonna make my own prompt for today cause I’m too lazy to look for another one. I think that there is a lot of controversy about which are really the “Halloween colours”. Some people say its Orange, Black, Purple, Red, White and even Green. The first prompt that I did for blogoween was autumn covers so I thought I’d round it off by making a Halloween colour/cover post.
In Halloween the colour green is associated with monsters, slime and ghouls stuff in general.
Those are some of my favourite green covers and books.
I feel like red is mostly associated with blood and vampires.
I love all of these covers and they are some of my favourite books so I 100% recommend.
Honestly I have no idea why this is a Halloween colour, oh maybe pumpkins. But it’s always been put with halloween.
I just finished Far from the tree and its amazing and I’m completely obsessed with the cover.
I always found that purple was always a witchy colour, you know? Like super mysterious
I had to include Harry Potter.
Black like the darkness and Death…
I mean technically City of Ghost is grey-ish but whatever.
Well that’s it, I chose not to do white cause there aren’t a lot of white books, but I’m guessing that the white came from ghosts.
What is your favourite Halloween colour?
Out of all of these which cover is your favourite?
Hey people!! Blogoween is almost over, and It’s been really fun (a bit stressful at time) but overall fun. Todays prompt or yesterdays (im not sure) is which Fictional World you would want to spend Halloween in.
Ok so I’m gonna give the most used answer (probably) and…The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!
I mean that looks pretty cool right? I feel like Hogwarts is the #1 place to spend Halloween.
- It’s a castle!!
- There are actually ghost
- umm…YoU’rE a WIZARD
- The decorations
- The feast
Thats sounds pretty good if you ask me. I can’t think of any other fantasy worlds that would be really cool to be during Halloween, but I’ve been taking a break from fantasy and reading more mystery and contemporaries reads.
So I havent been able to do any reading updates lately so I thought of doing a small one.
1.Dear Evan Hansen
I started this book about 3 days ago, and it’s really good so far. I’m only 80 pages in so we’ll see how it turns out.
I was able to get my hands on an e-arc of it, because I didn’t own the book and I wanted to read it. Its amazing so far, I wasn’t so invested at first but in the spam of one chapter to another, I became invested.
Well that’s it for my mini reading update
What are you currently reading?
Are you excited for Halloween?
Are you dressing up for Halloween?
Which fictional world would you want to be in for Halloween night?
Hey guys for todays prompt, I’m gonna do bookwyrmingthoughts.com halloween quiz. I have 4 prompts left and 4 days so I’m gonna be on top of my game so I can finish Blogoween.
1. Would you rather be in:
- A cemetery surrounded by nothing else but tombstones.
- The forest in the dark of night.
- The bathroom mirror, the fireplace – you prefer being in any one place.
- The abandoned basement of an old house.
2. Your favorite monstrous food consists of:
- Brains… or blood for that matter. You’ll resort to cannibalism if you have to.
- Souls, because the thought of eating brains or blood isn’t enough to fulfill you.
- You don’t want blood, brains or souls – you prefer feeding on the fears of your victims.
- Nothing at all… who has time to eat when you’ve got spying to do!
3. Are you scary when you’re angry?
- Only when I show my teeth or claws and move closer to my victim.
- What, my shadow doesn’t look scary yet?
- Angry revenge is best served quiet.
- Anger? What anger?
4. You’re invited to a party. The first place you make a beeline to is:
- Straight out the door and into the dark.
- The wall, where you can observe the actions of the people around you.
- Where everyone gathers, so you can gather information about them by socializing.
- The most isolated place you can find – you don’t want to seem rude by leaving, but you don’t want to socialize unless you have to.
5. You have been given four places to sleep in. Where do you choose to spend the night?
- A coffin.
- In the trees.
- The most comfortable place you can find.
6. Someone came in and took your favorite book! What do you do?
- Sneak in and get it back.
- Demand the return of the book or you’ll make them feel sorry for taking it in the first place.
- Plot their death behind their backs quietly.
- Do nothing – you can always get another copy of the book if you don’t already have multiple ones.
7. You’re going on a trip around the world! Who do you take?
- Your family, because they are close and important to you.
- No one – you want to go about this journey alone.
- Your enemies, so you can pick them off one by one
- Everyone you can afford to bring with you.
8. In a group, you are most like:
- The Action Taker.
- The Observer.
- The Plotter.
- The Diplomat.
I got mostly b’s so I’m a Soul Eater…which makes sense. If you did the quiz what are you?
Hey Guys I’m back from the dead…for my 8th blogoween prompt. I’m kinda falling behind so I’ll be posting more from now on. Anyways, today’s prompt is “sacrifice”which involves having to list a few characters that would die first in a horror film.
1. Ben from What If Its Us – by Becky Alberrtalli and Adam Silvera
I love Ben but I don’t think he would make it that far in a horror movie, I feel like he would come up with a great plan but make a mistake and die.
2. Lara Jean from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
I adore my girl Lara but let’s be real, she would totally get killed first. I mean there is a small possibility that she could survive but she would most probably die first.
3. Alaina Starkov from Shadow and Bone -by Leigh Bardugo
Ok, so if you’ve read the books you know that she is super powerful and all. But I think she’s kinda annoying , personally. Anyways, I don’t think she could survive long in a horror movie cause she can be pretty defenceless without her magical ability.
Well those are 3 characters that I think wouldn’t survive in a horror movie.
Which character do you think wouldn’t survive a horror movie?
Yayy! It’s almost Halloween and if you have seen my post you’ll know that I love Halloween, I might be my favourite holiday. The best part of Halloween is costumes and that’s what this post is all about, basically you have to let me know of some characters that you would like to dress up as.
- NEWT SCAMANDER
I love Newt Scamander he is adorable and he’s my favourite character in Fantastic Beast, I think being newt is a super cool costume, its kinda hard to pull off (because of the coat) but an awesome costume. it’s a bit harder to do
2. KELL MARESH
I feel like this could be pretty simple, I put this on here because I love his coat, I mean wouldn’t be awesome that you had 1 coat the could book like 100? You would most probably need red hair
which I don’t have but you could just get a wig.
3. KATNISS EVERDEEN
This is a pretty easy costume, you just wear leather and a black shirt/pants, of course the hard part of this costume is the bow but you could most probably find one at a Halloween store, and of course you can’t forget the classic mocking jay pin.
Well I can’t think of any other ones so that’s all for today,
Do you dress up for Halloween?
What are you’re favourite bookish costumes?